NEW: Special Election
SBA is currently accepting applications to fill five (5) vacant At-Large Representative positions on our General Board for the upcoming Spring 2020 semester.
All students (1L, 2L, 3L, LLM) are welcome and encouraged to apply!
Applications are due no later than Friday, January 10th, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
The SBA consists of 36 total members, separated into the following categories:
- 5 Executive Board Members (elected by General Board)
- 5 Committee Chairs (appointed by Executive Board)
- 3L Class Representatives (3 total)
- 2L Class Representatives (3 total)
- 1L Section Representatives (1 per section)
- LL.M. Representative** (1 position)
- At-Large Representatives (16-17 total)
**In the event there remains a vacancy for the L.L.M. Representative position, the vacancy is converted to an At-Large Representative position.
- Elected general board members serve a single term in office lasting one school year. Positions do not roll over to the following school year.
- All eligible 1L and 2L general board, committee chair, and executive board members may run for an Executive Board position. The elected Executive Board serves for one CALENDAR year.
- Upon the election of a new executive board, all eligible 1L and 2L general board members can apply for consideration to be appointed as a committee chair. Committee chairs serve a single term lasting one school year.
~ ~ ~
If you have any questions about joining the SBA, please reach out to Community Affairs Director Andrew Malec with any questions.