Want to join the SBA?
Students from all years are welcome and encouraged to apply for open positions on the Student Bar Association!
WHAT POSITIONS ARE OPEN AT THIS TIME?
Applications are now being accepted for all Representative positions. Stop by the SBA office, Room 336, and pick up an application.
All applications are due by Friday, September 7 at 5 PM.
The SBA consists of no more than 36 total members, separated into the following categories:
- 5 Executive Board Members (elected by General Board)
- 5 Committee Chairs (appointed by Executive Board)
- 3 3L Class Representatives
- 3 2L Class Representatives
- 3 1L Section Representatives (1 per section)
- 1 LL.M. Representative
** ALL OTHER VACANCIES ARE RESERVED FOR THE ELECTION OF AT-LARGE REPRESENTATIVES. **
** IN THE EVENT THERE REMAINS A VACANCY FOR THE LL.M. REPRESENTATIVE POSITION, THE VACANCY IS CONVERTED TO AN AT-LARGE REPRESENTATIVE POSITION. **
- Elected general board members serve a single term in office lasting one school year. Positions do not roll over to the following school year.
- All eligible 1L and 2L general board, committee chair, and executive board members may run for an Executive Board position. The elected Executive Board serves for one CALENDAR year.
- Upon the election of a new executive board, all eligible 1L and 2L general board members can apply for consideration to be appointed as a committee chair. Committee chairs serve a single term lasting one school year.
If you have any questions about joining the SBA, please reach out to Communications Director Brittni Templeton with any questions.